Richmond Historic Haunts COVID-19 Policy
What Richmond Historic Haunts is doing for you to minimize COVID-19 risk:
- We are limiting our tour sizes to a maximum of 8 guests for the duration of Phase 2. The maximum tour size will be re-evaluated as we enter Phase 3 and beyond.
- Our guides and staff will be wearing masks at all times while interacting with you, our guests.
- We will maintain a minimum distance of 6-ft from you at all times. This necessitates that all tickets be purchased in advance. No walk-up sales will be permitted until the State of Virginia lifts all COVID-19 related restrictions. If necessary, we will utilize microphones to ensure that you can hear us, while maintaining social distancing.
What we need from you to minimize COVID-19 risk:
- If you show any symptoms of COVID-19, have had any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or have had known exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you must stay home. Until the State of Virginia lifts all COVID-19 related restrictions, we are relaxing our cancellation and rescheduling policy. As long as you notify us before the scheduled tour time, we will gladly accommodate cancellation and rescheduling requests without penalty. We will not be able to accommodate requests after the scheduled tour time.
- Purchase your tickets in advance online at least 2-hours before the scheduled tour time. To promote social distancing, and to minimize physical interactions, we will not be accepting walkup guests.
- After making your ticket purchase, you will receive your confirmation email. Within this email is a link to a digital waiver that must be signed before arriving for your tour.
- When you arrive for your tour, maintain social distancing from your guide and provide them with the name used to make the reservation. We will have your ticket purchase on record. No physical contact is necessary.
- Wear a mask at all times, and guests that are not a part of the same party should maintain a minimum 6-ft spacing between each other, and from the tour guide.
What services do you offer?
Richmond Historic Haunts is a group of professional storytellers focused on the history of Richmond. Our main line of services is walking history tours about the offbeat tales of Richmond’s past, but we will also offer occasional special events. Special events include History Dinners run in partnership with Patrick Henry’s Pub & Grille, and we are always working on new stories and services. You can find the latest information on our current offerings on our Facebook page, or purchase tickets here.
Do you offer private tours?
Yes! We ask for a minimum headcount of 6 people, or the equivalent flat rate of $90 if you have less than 6 people. Group rates are available. To inquire about a private tour or group rates, just drop us a note. You can find our contact information here.
Are tours family friendly?
We consider our tours to be family friendly, however we always suggest that parents and guardians use discretion when determining if a tour will be appropriate for their children. Tour material is all based on historic fact, and history can be… messy sometimes. It is not our goal to make people uncomfortable, but we will not sugar-coat the facts either. If you have questions or concerns about the material that will be shared on any given tour, please contact us. You can find our contact information here.
What’s your rainy day policy?
All of our tours run rain or shine, except in cases of severe weather. You may opt to re-schedule your tour to another day, tour availability permitting. Refunds will only be offered if a tour is cancelled by Richmond Historic Haunts staff due to severe weather conditions.
I missed my tour, can I get a refund?
We’re sorry, but all sales are final unless a tour is cancelled due to severe weather. If you contact us at least 24 hours before a tour, we can work to reschedule your tickets to another time/date.
Please note that you are free to gift or resell your tickets to someone else if you’re unable to join us. If you opt to pass along your tickets, the original purchaser should contact Richmond Historic Haunts with the name of the person who will be using the tickets.
My question isn’t answered here…
No problem! Send us a message and we’ll get you taken care of. You can find our contact information here.